Welcome to episode 267 where today we have special guest, founder and CEO of Modactiy, Marc Gelfo, on to talk about practice strategy. In this episode, Marc digs beneath the surface and shares his thoughts on practicing effectively drawing from neuroscience, psychology, and his experience as an extraordinarily accomplished french hornist.
Listen to episode 267
When it comes to practicing, we often talk about what you should be practicing to improve your musicianship or your jazz skills.
And often some tactics are prescribed. I know that I often prescribe certain practice regimens, different things that you can do to accelerate your progress.
But we often don't talk about the deeper side, the brain side, the psychological side of practicing. How we can speed up our development by the way we think, by the way we feel physically.
And all these things that are kind of meta and beneath the surface of what we normally talk about when we talk about practicing.
So, on today's show, I have very special guest Marc Gelfo, the founder of the practicing app Modacity, to get inside of all this stuff with us, to talk about the mind, the body, and music and how we can apply some real strategies for improving our practicing and improving our progress.
In this episode:
1. Marc's background on how he came to effective practicing
2. Why practicing well matters (and the consequences of not)
3. Marc's emotional, mental, and technical practice hacks
4. The role of recording your practice
5. Modacity and how it can help you practice more effectively
1. Modacity (Marc's Practice App)
2. LJS Inner Circle Membership
Länk till avsnitt