We all want great low end - deep, fat, solid and punchy. But it can be one of the hardest things to get right - especially knowing how much of it is needed. Too much bass can sound boomy, flabby, muddy or dull.
And as a result, it?s easy to be scared of bass. It?s easier to be cautious and avoid all those possible problems, right ? Well, maybe. Except if the low end isn?t working in your master, you risk the opposite problem - everything can sound weak, thin and harsh.
In this week?s episode we talk about ways to avoid all these problems, including:
Topics we cover include:
* The one thing you shouldn?t do - and why
* The deceptively simple thing you should always do
* Will a sub-woofer help, or hinder ?
* How EQ for better bass can sometimes make things worse - because phase
* Dynamic EQ versus multiband compression
* How distortion might help
* Ah, duck it
Länk till avsnitt